Temporary residence and work permit

Where do I apply?

You can submit your application to the Citizen and Foreigner Department (Wydział Spraw Obywatelskich i Cudzoziemców)
Pl. Wolności 17, the ground floor – Sala (room) A
Monday 9:30-18:00
Tuesday-Friday 8:15-15:15
Infolinia: 61 850 87 77

You can make an appointment with our office on https://www.poznan.uw.gov.pl/rejestracja/ or check the waiting time on https://www.poznan.uw.gov.pl/rejestracja/

Or in our offices in Kalisz, Konin, Piła and Leszno:

If you won’t be able to submit the application in person till the last day of your legal residence, for keeping the deadline send your application to our office in paper version by post office to:

Wielkopolski Urząd Wojewódzki w Poznaniu
Wydział Spraw Obywatelskich i Cudzoziemców
pl. Wolności 17
61-739 Poznań

The date of sending your application at the post office will be counted.

Remember to write us your e-mail address.

Next you’ll be called out for submitting your fingerprints.

In case of appearing at the office in person for submitting your fingerprints you should apply to our officers with the letter calling you in. That will help to make a positive verification of your application and will provide to put the stamp in your passport that confirms submitting the application to our office.

You can book a visit to complete your fingerprints on the website https://www.poznan.uw.gov.pl/rejestracja/, selecting the H-queue – fingerprinting.

When should I apply?

You should submit an application if you are planning to stay in Poland for longer than three months and if you came to Poland to work.

If you work in agriculture, forestry and fishing as well as accommodation and food service, specified in detail in the Regulation of the Minister of Family, Labor and Social Policy of 8 December 2017 on sub-classes according to the Polish Classification of Activities (PKD), in which seasonal work permits are issued (Journal of Laws of 2017 item 2348) you should apply for temporary residence in order to perform seasonal work.

If you do seasonal work and apply for a uniform temporary and work permit instead of a temporary stay in order to perform seasonal work, your application will not be processed.

In order to apply for a temporary residence and work permit, you have to appear in our office in person, on or before the last day of your legal stay in Poland.

If you submit your application within the specified deadline and if it contains all the officially required information, or if you supplement it with the missing information within the assigned deadline, your stay will be legal starting from the date when the application is submitted until the date when the decision concerning the application becomes final.

If you file for the discontinuation of the proceedings concerning the granting of a temporary residence permit, your stay in Poland in this period will not be considered legal.

Important: A stamp in your travel document does not give you the right to travel within other Schengen countries, but you have the right to leave for your home country.

What types of documents do I need to enclose?

  1. The application completed according to instructions – one copy – see. Applications are also available from the Citizen and Foreigner Department at Pl. Wolności 14, 4th floor (application)
  2. Four colour photographs that:
  • are undamaged, with good sharpness;
  • are of the dimensions 35 mm x 45 mm;
  • were taken not earlier than 6 months preceding the day on which you submit your application;
  • show your face, with your silhouette visible from the top of your head to the upper part of your shoulders, with your face occupying 70-80% of the photograph, against a bright background;
  • show you looking directly ahead into the camera with your eyes open, not covered with hair, with a natural facial expression and closed mouth; the photographs should reflect the natural colour of your skin;
  • clearly show your eyes, especially pupils, and the line of your eyes should be parallel to the upper edge of the photograph.

Important: If you wear a head cover because of your religion, you are allowed to attach a picture showing you with your head cover on, provided that your face is fully visible. In this case you should enclose a declaration stating that you are a member of a religious community.

  1. A photocopy of a valid travel document (you will also need to show the original document), and, in justified exceptional situations, when you do not have a valid travel document and there is no possibility to obtain it, you can present another identity document.
  2. Confirmation that you have paid the required stamp duty.

Important: To issue the permit we will also require you to submit documents confirming the circumstances indicated in the application (click here to find out: “Will other documents be required apart from those you have already enclosed with your application”?).

How do I complete the application form?

Before you complete the application form, please read the instructions on pages 9 and 10 of the application form. The application forms (interactive and to download) are available here: https://cudzoziemcy.gov.pl/en/.

While completing the application form, remember to:

  • complete the application form legibly, in the Polish language;
  • complete all the obligatory boxes, providing accurate and true information;
  • complete the application-form boxes in block capitals;
  • if in the past you provided us with other personal details, please write this in your justification;
  • give the actual address of the place where you are staying and wish to receive all correspondence;
  • in the “Criminal records” section – inform us about any judgements that have been rendered against you (if you have doubts as to the rendered judgements indicate that the proceedings are pending (IMPORTANT: Having paid a fine does not mean that no criminal proceedings have been instigated or that no judgement has been rendered against you);
  • inform us about all proceedings that are pending against you (e.g. involving your refusal to accept a fine) in the “Criminal or misdemeanours proceedings pending” section;
  • enclose a confirmation that you have paid the required stamp duty;
  • enclose photographs in the required format;
  • personally apply your signature (in the Latin alphabet) to the application;
  • enclose the completed enclosure No. 1 (signed by your employer) to the application – the attachment should be completed with the statement of your employer on page 4 points 1-7. Remember that the attachment No.1 should be signed by the authorized person. 

Will other documents be required apart from those enclosed with the application?

For your application to be granted you will also need the following documents:

  • a document confirming that you have been provided with accommodation (e.g. a confirmation of registration for residence, a tenancy or flat-rental agreement, or a declaration by the person in charge of the residential unit that they have provided for your accommodation);
  • a work contract or a contract of mandate for applications submitted till 11.02.2018r. – to the application enclosed since 12.02.2018r. you don’t have to attach the contract but remember that in attachment No. 1 if you work on terms of a contract od mandate your employer should mention you monthly salary or if you work on terms of contract of mandate with the hour rate – your employer should mention your minimum work hours per month.
  • a document confirming that you have a stable and regular source of income sufficient to support yourself and your dependants (if you run your household alone – a monthly net amount of PLN 701, or, if you are part of a family, a monthly net amount of PLN 528), for example the PIT 37 or PIT 40 forms issued in your name for the last year, or a relevant certificate from the Polish Social Insurance Institution (ZUS);
  • a document stating how many dependants you have;
  • documents confirming that you have medical insurance, as provided for in the Act of 27 August 2004 on healthcare services financed from public funds, or a confirmation of an insurer's coverage of medical treatment costs in Poland (for example, a relevant certificate from ZUS or an insurance policy);
  • for applications submitted since 12.02.2018r. a document stating that the human resources of the employer cannot be satisfied by the employment office (based on the registers of unemployed people and jobseekers), or a document stating that the employer could not find employees in the recruitment process organised for the employed, issued by the head of the district due to the main place of your work, not later than 180 days before you submit your application -  if it’s required;
  • if you work in a regulated profession – submit documents confirming formal skills or qualify the formal conditions that are required. For drivers it is possible to submit the statement about having qualifications to execute the driver profession - referring to the Act on road transport from 6 of September 2001r. 

What are the fees?

Stamp duty for a temporary residence and work permit amounts to

PLN 440.00

and should be paid to:
Urząd Miasta Poznania
Wydział Finansowy
Oddział Pozostałych Dochodów Podatkowych i Niepodatkowych
ul. Libelta 16/20
61-706 Poznań
Bank: PKO BP S.A.
Bank account number: 94 1020 4027 0000 1602 1262 0763

Make sure that you enclose a payment receipt with your application.

For issuing a residence card or replacing it we charge a fee of

PLN 50.00

which should be paid to:
Wielkopolski Urząd Wojewódzki
Poznań, al. Niepodległości 16/18
Bank account number: 70 1010 1469 0000 3922 3100 0000

Stamp duty for power of attorney amounts to

PLN 17.00

and should be paid to:

For the power of attorney submitted in Poznań
Urząd Miasta Poznania
Wydział Finansowy
Oddział Pozostałych Dochodów Podatkowych i Niepodatkowych
ul. Libelta 16/20
61-706 Poznań
Bank: PKO BP S.A.
Bank account number: 94 1020 4027 0000 1602 1262 0763

For power of attorney submitted in Kalisz
Urząd Miejski w Kaliszu
07 1020 2212 0000 5802 0387 5440

For power of attorney submitted in Konin
Urząd Miejski w Koninie
67 1560 0013 2015 2804 6127 0034

For power of attorney submitted in Leszno
Urząd Miasta Leszna
26 1020 3088 0000 8302 0005 7513

For power of attorney submitted in Piła
Urząd Miasta Piły
09 1020 4027 0000 1202 1119 3291

When and where do I collect my residence card?

Your residence card will be issued after you are granted a temporary residence and work permit and after you submit a receipt for the payment of PLN 50.00 to the account of:

Wielkopolski Urząd Wojewódzki
Poznań, al. Niepodległości 16/18
Bank account number: 70 1010 1469 0000 3922 3100 0000

Remember that if you want to collect your residence card you must appear in person at
Wydział Spraw Obywatelskich i Cudzoziemców (The Citizen and Foreigner Department), Pl. Wolności 17, the ground floor – Sala (room) A .

Our office in Kalisz, Konin, Piła, Leszno.

Information about collecting the card you can check here https://www.poznan.uw.gov.pl/cudzoziemcy-stan/

What you need to know?

When submitting your application for a temporary residence and work permit you will have your fingerprints taken.

You have to submit the originals of your documents (or their copies, then be prepared to present the originals for inspection).

If you submit documents in a language other than Polish, you are also required to submit translations of such documents into Polish drawn up and duly certified by a sworn translator.

All correspondence will be served to the address indicated in the application or, if you appoint your representative, it will be delivered to their address.

If you live outside Poland and do not appoint a representative who lives in Poland to be in charge of your case, you are obliged to nominate an agent for service (in Poland). If you fail to appoint such an agent, all correspondence intended for you will be put on the file of the case and deemed to have been served.

Temporary residence permits are granted for a period sufficient for you to realise the purpose for which you came to Poland, but no longer than three years.

Decisions to grant, deny or withdraw temporary residence permits are made by the governor of the voivodship in which you have your place of residence.

Obtaining a temporary residence and work permit does not exempt you from the obligation to meet the requirements on obtaining licences to practice professions or carry on certain activities provided for in separate provisions.

Once you have obtained a temporary residence permit, you are obliged to notify the voivodship governor who granted the permit, within 15 working days, if the circumstances which justified the granting of the permit cease to exist. SHOULD YOU FAIL TO DO SO, YOU MIGHT BE REFUSED ANOTHER TEMPORARY RESIDENCE PERMIT FOR ONE YEAR FOLLOWING THE EXPIRY OF THE PREVIOUS PERMIT.

If you have any questions

  • send an e-mail to cudzoziemcy@poznan.uw.gov.pl, sc@poznan.uw.gov.pl,
  • visit our information desk at the Citizen and Foreigner Department (Wydział Spraw Obywatelskich i Cudzoziemców), Pl. Wolności 17, the ground floor – Sala (room) B, or
  • call us: Infolinia: 61 850 87 77
Autor: Aneta Budnik
Data utworzenia: 26.10.2018
Osoba publikująca: Barbara Pietrzyk
Data publikacji: 26.10.2018 - 09:49
Ostatnia aktualizacja: Barbara Pietrzyk
Data aktualizacji: 28.05.2019 - 09:24